So you’re a Trekkie, eh? These are the days that you dream of.
A company in Las Vegas called Propworx is preparing to sell around a thousand different items from Star Trek: The Experience, which ran for ten years and shut down in 2008. The many items will apparently be sold via auction and in a giant warehouse (okay, so it’s not really a yard sale, but close enough) tomorrow.
The attraction featured many replications and props from the Trek universe, and also featured some popular rides. These rides included an encounter with the Klingons and even a 4D Borg attack.
There’s good and bad aspects to all of this. The good is that these are just replicas, so most of the stuff is pretty affordable to all. The bad part is that if you don’t live in Vegas, you might just miss out on a lot of the goodies!
Once I discovered the above-linked Propworx website (where you can go and see lots of images and gain info on the sale), however, I did find out that there was still a way for you Trekkies around the country to still get your hands on some treasures…if you’re lucky.
First of all, here are all of the main details of the event:
April 10th — Star Trek: The Experience Warehouse Sale
When: Saturday April 10th, 10 am – 3 pm
Where: 66 Spectrum Blvd. Las Vegas, NV
Terms: Cash or check NO CREDIT CARDS. Items are “as is” must be removed by 3 pm.
What: Warehouse sale to focus mostly on some of the larger items from STTE, including:
* Wall panels (bar, rides, history of tomorrow, etc)
* Quark’s Bar furniture (tables, chairs, stools); a table and four chairs from Quark’s Bar is only $ 195!
* Borg alcoves
* Pieces from Enterprise D replica bridges, transporter room, hallways
* Rows of seats from Klingon Encounter ride
* Starfleet costumes
* …and more!
Now, for those of you interested in buying stuff but can’t be in Vegas, here are all of the details on how to try and grab some. This is probably not the best strategy — I’m sure they’d make out better just throwing all of this on eBay — but it’s how they’re getting it done.
We will be accepting emails starting at 3:00pm PST on Saturday (April 10) and if we have anything left that you want, we will try and make arrangements to get it to you.
1. Look at the photos on our sites tonight. The photos up tonight will show everything for sale.
2. Send me an email, NO SOONER than 3:00pm PST Saturday to email@example.com. (Emails before 3:00 will not be counted, but we will be answering questions, if we can.)
3. Do NOT leave a voice mail as I have no time to either listen to or answer it this weekend. We are buried!
4. Be BRIEF. I will be getting a ton of emails.
5. If we are sold out, I will respond by email. If not, I will CALL YOU. So include your phone number.
6. I can tell you the price and then you can make a decision.
7. If I tell you I have set aside an item for you, then IMMEDIATELY go to PayPal and pay for it. You will be given an order number. Send your money to firstname.lastname@example.org and Curtis will record it. Make sure you list in your PayPal payment what it is for and your order number.
And there you have it. If you’re a Star Trek fanatic (and I know some of you are!), this is your chance to acquire some wholly geek decor for your bachelor pad. Hell, even if you’re married with kids, why not turn your kitchen into the deck of the Enterprise? I’m sure your lovely wife will cozy up to it eventually.