A new documentary is on the way titled Last Call at the Oasis, which looks at the ever-growing global water crisis many of us probably aren’t even aware exists.
The movie is directed by Jessica Yu, and comes by way of the folks who brought us a couple of other eye-openers such as An Inconvenient Truth, Food, Inc., and Waiting For Superman. You can check out a trailer at the bottom of this post.
To help spread the word about this problem that concerns all of us, an impressive list of musicians that includes Dave Matthews, My Morning Jacket, Primus, and many more, have offered up tracks of theirs to be used on the movie’s companion album, Turn the Tide: Songs for Last Call at the Oasis. The album will be available only via download, and all it will cost you is a donation, whether it be $1 or $1,000.
Continue reading to find out where to download the album, and to see a full track listing.
Last Call at the Oasis will arrive in select theaters starting today, May 4, 2012.
* Hold On — Alabama Shakes
* Yer Spring — Hey Rosetta!
* Flowers — Lisa Hannigan
* Black River (Live from the Academy of Music) — Amos Lee
* Mickey Mantle (DiMaggio Version) — Waters
* The Day is Coming — My Morning Jacket
* I Already Forgot Everything You Said — The Dig
* Conjecture of the Hour — Vusi Mahlasela
* Right Hand On My Heart — The Whigs
* Little Red Bird (Live from Randall’s Island, 9.28.2011) — Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
* Dead and Done — Bobby Long
* 11:11 — Rodrigo y Gabriela
* Options — Gomez
* Overdue — Danny Barnes
* Everything I Ever Had — Lindsay Fuller
* Red’s Song (Live) — The Jayhawks
* Last Salmon Man — Primus
* Unclean Waters — Dirty Dozen Brass Band
* Half Moon — Blind Pilot
* Oceans (Live at St. Gallen) — John Butler Trio