The holiday season is coming up and The Drill Down would like you to be ready for it. So as we do every year around this time, we’ve prepared a list of what we consider the perfect gifts to give… and get this holiday. So before you stand around for hours this Black Friday, spend some time with us.
Intro: Give a Little Bit by Supertramp
- iPad Mini
- Big Jambox
- Eytomotic MC5 in-ear headphones
- Sony NEX series 5n
- $140. Kindle Paperwhite – Amazon delivers a true upgrade. They claim the same 8 weeks of battery life with kindles signature e-ink and some great, great extras. What’s even better? The special offers version is $119.
- $80. Fitbit Ultra/Fitbit 1 – for a friend you’re close enough to know they won’t be embarrassed
- $150. iPod Nano – Got someone you know that likes to work out but you don’t know them enough to spend a CHUNK of change on? This is your best bet.
- $10-25 Amazon gift card. Yeah– it’s not exactly tech, but any techie you know completely understands it’s value. You’re saying that you want them to get $10-25 closer to purchasing something awesome. And that, my friends, will be appreciated.
- Jawbone Mini Jambox.
- GoldTouch Adjustable Keyboard
- Foundation Series (Book 1, Book 2, Book 3)
- Contigo Travel Mug
- Bruichladdich: The Organic
- Board games: Alien Frontiers, Disaster Looms, Ticket to Ride
- Books: How to Archer, The Dangerous Animals Club, Delivering Happiness
- Apple TV
- Fitbit & Fitbit Aria
- Kindle Paperwhite
- JVC HAFX1X Headphone Xtreme-Xplosivs
- Dishonored, Papo y Yo, The Unfinished Swan
- Networked / AirPlay enabled amplifier / speakers
- Restored transfers of Jaws & Lawrence of Arabia on Blu-Ray
Audible Book of the Week
Outro: Shopping by Pet Shop Boys
The Drill Down on iTunes (Subscribe now!)
Add us on Stitcher!
The Drill Down on Facebook
The Drill Down on Twitter
Geeks Of Doom’s The Drill Down is a roundtable-style audio podcast where we discuss the most important issues of the week, in tech and on the web and how they affect us all.
Hosts are Geeks of Doom contributor Andrew Sorcini (Mr. BabyMan), VentureBeat editor Devindra Hardawar, marketing research analyst Dwayne De Freitas, and Startup Digest CTO Christopher Burnor. Occasionally joining them is Box.com tech consultant Tosin Onafowokan.
AMAZON SHIPPING INFORMATION
If you’re ordering through Amazon.com in the United States, here’s their ordering deadlines for delivery on or before Christmas Eve (12/24) for items in-stock shipped to physical addresses within the United States and marked “Ships from and sold by Amazon.com” or “Fulfilled by Amazon.com.”
– Dec. 18: Free Super Saver Shipping
– Dec. 19: Standard Shipping
– Dec. 21: Two-Day Shipping (order as late as 7:00 p.m. EST; varies by item; free with Amazon Prime)
– Dec. 22: One-Day Shipping (order as late as 3:00 p.m. EST; varies by item; as low as $3.99/item with Amazon Prime)
– Dec. 24: Local Express Delivery (while available; select cities; varies by item; as low as $3.99/item with Amazon Prime)
– Dec. 25: Email and printable Amazon Gift Cards can be sent immediately, at any time
Amazon Prime members can place orders up until 7:00 p.m. EST on Dec. 21 to receive deliveries by Dec. 24 using Free Two-Day Shipping (cut-off time varies by item).
For more details about local delivery, as well as international shipping, see the Christmas Ordering Deadlines For U.S. Shipments page.
*Super Saver Shipping is FREE on orders $25 and over.