There’s been plenty of Justice League movie rumors over the years; lately, the ‘net has been clogged with Star Wars rumors, but now it’s seems we’re back to Justice League. Among the biggest reports to come out of the Justice League rumor mill is that Darkseid will be the villain of the film and that it would be based on issues Justice League #183-185.
The newest rumor involves the Justice League lineup and some of the cameo appearances that will be made in the film. Check out the list of the rumored line-up here after the jump.
There is absolutely no evidence to confirm or deny that this is the actual list of superheroes to appear in Justice League. We won’t know if this is the true list until Man of Steel comes out, in which case it does look like WB is willing to risk having two Superman film properties fly around. A move like that wouldn’t really make much sense, but if WB can make it work, more power to them.
The problem with a list like this is that the source, Cosmic Book News, isn’t as reputable as other rumor mill sources like Latino Review, but the site claims to have a “DC Entertainment source” supplying them with this information. There’s a good chance this list will turn out to be inaccurate, but it’s interesting to take a look at this line-up, so here it is for your reading amusement, the Justice League lineup for the planned film, which opens in theaters in 2015.
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn’t really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man’s world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold’s character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid’s Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
Like I said, some of the character descriptions lead me to believe that this isn’t the true list. A lot of the character descriptions seem to be based on previous scripts. And the fact that they are bringing in Zack Snyder to consult what is “essentially” the same character from Man of Steel doesn’t really make any sense. Finally, there is no director attached to this film. The only person that we know of who is working on it is screenwriter Will Beale.
But if this is the true list, what are your thoughts?
[Source: Cosmic Book News Collider]