I want to work at Bethesda. Most gamers would, as the master gamemakers consistently set the bar for open-world RPGs higher and higher and higher with each new title, the last being The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. But, sadly, I spilled a large amount of Black Briar Mead on my mail-order game design degree, and have not a thing to prove my unparalleled talents.
But 19-year-old Alexander J. Velicky, he does have a way to prove his talents. And he wants to work at Bethesda too. Instead of just sending along a resume and crossing all digits, he decided to make a strong case for himself first. When Bethesda released the Skyrim Creation Kit in early February of 2012, Velicky got to work, spending an average of five hours per day every day until his creation, “Falskaar,” was completed a week ago—over 2,000 hours later.
So what is “Falskaar” exactly? It’s basically a mod for Skyrim you can grab for free. Unlike the countless other mods that are created and offered, however, this particular mod looks more like professionally made DLC content so impressive the internet is taking notice…and Bethesda will surely have no choice but to at least consider Velicky’s skills.
Continue below for a run down of what exactly “Falskaar” offers, and to see a trailer for the mod.
If the over 2,000 hours of work put into this mod wasn’t enough, here’s what you can look forward to if you grab “Falskaar” for yourself (PC only, of course):
- An entirely new land [independent] of Tamriel, roughly the size of 2-3 Skyrim holds.
- 20-30+ hours of gameplay.
- 26 quests, including a 9 quest long main story, and 17 side quests! (Along with some unmarked content)
- New items including new books, recipes, weapons and armor sets. (A mix of brand new, and retextured)
- Two new spells and a new shout.
- A bard with several unique new songs.
- A soundtrack containing 14 brand new tracks composed by Adamm Khuevrr just for Falskaar, adding more than 40 minutes of new music!
- A fully voiced experience, featuring almost 30 semi-professional and professional voice actors and actresses.
You can find out everything you need to know about the mod and getting it at Nexus Mods.
What do you think?
[Source: PC Gamer via Game Informer]