In preparation for the June 13th release of The Incredible Hulkl, the Universal film from director Louis Leterrier, we’ll be running Incredible Hulk-related stories all week.
The film stars Edward Norton, Liv Tyler, Tim Roth, Tim Blake Nelson, Ty Burrell, and William Hurt.
Here’s some basic tidbits and previously reported items to catch you up on The Incredible Hulk.
Tickets for the film, which opens June 13, 2008, are currently onsale online at Fandango, including tickets for midnight showings the previous night.
Theatrical Trailer + Images; Theatrical Trailer #2; “Awaken” trailer
TV Spots; More TV Spots; Another TV Spot;
The Incredible Hulk Score (2-CD version) by Craig Armstrong; release date June 10, 2008; Marvel Entertainment.
For the Hulk’s origin story, check out The Incredible Hulk Omnibus, Vol. 1. You can sample some of the issues over at Marvel’s Digital Comics page. Also, Marvel has listed ten Hulk comic book collections of interest.
Toys and Games
- Check out the official site to play Hulk Smash 2.0 online game, which is fun, fun, fun! (spend a lot of time playing this one).
- Hasbro, which has tons of Hulk toys, also has a few online games at their site — the Hulk Smash and Bash and Hulk Protect. They also have Hulk Smash Hands and Power Glow Mask.
- You know I love me some promotions, and 7 Eleven site has a coupon you can download to “buy one get one free” on Slurpees, which come in three collectible Incredible Hulk cups.
- K-Mart has some The Incredible Hulk merchandise; also, if you buy $50 in K-Mart gift cards, you’ll receive 2 free movie tickets to see The Incredible Hulk; check out the site for a $5 off coupon.
- Starting June 9th, BK will be offering six different Hulk toys.
“THE INCREDIBLE HULK” kicks off an all-new, explosive and action-packed epic of one of the most popular superheroes of all time. In this new beginning, scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) desperately hunts for a cure to the gamma radiation that poisoned his cells and unleashes the unbridled force of rage within him: The Hulk.
Living in the shadows — cut off from a life he knew and the woman he loves, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler) — Banner struggles to avoid the obsessive pursuit of his nemesis, General Thunderbolt Ross (William Hurt), and the military machinery that seeks to capture him and brutally exploit his power.
As all three grapple with the secrets that led to The Hulk’s creation, they are confronted with a monstrous new adversary known as The Abomination (Tim Roth), whose destructive strength exceeds even The Hulk’s own. And on June 13, 2008, one scientist must make an agonizing final choice: accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or find heroism in the creature he holds inside — THE INCREDIBLE HULK.
Official site: http://incrediblehulk.marvel.com/
Look for this 9-foot-tall Hulk in-theater display currently at movie theaters (see here for a list of theaters with this display).