The Geeks of Doom posse began its invasion Wednesday night of the 2009 San Diego Comic-Con, which kicked off with a special preview night. The GoD gang stuck to the main exhibit hall, which was crazy packed with attendees, and took the opportunity to snap some pictures of some of the bigger exhibits for major movie studios, comics publishers, and toy giants, as well as of the area just outside the convention center.
Check out the images below from the exhibit hall (click for larger, full view with descriptions).
Here are some highlights from today:
- District 9: The upcoming film had a big viral presence at last year’s Con. This year, the District 9 MNU (Multi-National United) truck was parked on the side of the convention center, right on the side of the hotel I’m staying at.
- The Green Hornet: The Green Hornet car was on the exhibit hall floor, but was not yet unveiled.
- Wolverine: Madame Tussauds has created a Hugh Jackman as Wolverine wax figure, which can be viewed at the Fox booth at the convention. The figure will be relocated to Madame Tussauds in Hollywood on August 1.
- Transformers: Full-size version of Bumblebee as a car and a robot.
- Iron Man: An entire Stark Industries showcase with the various Iron Man suits.
- Jane Wiedlin: For the record, Geeks of Doom loves Go-Go’s guitarist Jane Wieldin, who not only checked into the hotel right before us, but also rode up in the elevator with us twice. Wieldin is a true geek (remember her in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure?) and will be at the Con at Autograph Alley each day promoting comic book Lady Robotika and other goodies. Check out her full Con schedule at her MySpace page.
Images by Dave3, Henchman21, and Empress Eve.