The British music magazine Q celebrated the 20th anniversary of U2′s seminal album Achtung Baby by assembling a tribute album comprised of songs from Achtung covered by some of the biggest names in pop rock. The CD, which was included free with last month’s issue of Q, is entitled AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered. Listen to three of the songs from the album here below.
Among the artists Q brought into the fold for this project are Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode, the Killers, Jack White, Patti Smith, Garbage, and Snow Patrol. Songs from Achtung Baby have been covered before, most notably “One,” which has been covered by artists such as R.E.M., Pearl Jam, Warren Haynes, and the late Johnny Cash.
U2 also marked the 20th anniversary of Achtung Baby by re-releasing the album in various new remastered editions including a 2-CD deluxe edition, a super deluxe edition box set that includes six CDs and four DVDs along with a hardcover book and art prints, and an uber deluxe edition set that will run you $422 and includes all of the above mentioned items along with some bonus materials.
AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered Tracklist:
01. Nine Inch Nails – Zoo Station
02. U2 (Jacques Lu Cont Mix) – Even Better Than The Real Thing
03. Damien Rice – One
04. Patti Smith – Until The End Of The World
05. Garbage – Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
06. Depeche Mode – So Cruel
07. Snow Patrol – Mysterious Ways
08. The Fray – Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
09. Gavin Friday – The Fly
10. The Killers – Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
11. Glasvegas – Acrobat
12. Jack White – Love Is Blindness