The Gold Box deal of the day today over at Amazon today is the Farscape: The Complete Series box set on DVD for only $44.99 (that’s 70% off the list price of $149.95) and Blu-ray for only $68.99 (that’s 65% off the list price of $199.95).
Note, this deal is valid only for today, Wednesday, January 18, 2012, until 11:59pm PST while supplies last.
The 26-disc DVD set and 20-disc Blu-ray set both contain all 88 episodes of the sci-fi series Farscape, along with over 15 hours of bonus features like audio commentaries, featurettes, deleted scenes, and behind-the-scenes footage. Also, on the Blu-ray set, there’s an all-new documentary titled Memories of Moya: An Epic Journey, which features new interviews with the cast and creators.
The live-action series ran for four seasons, which was shown in the United States on SciFi Channel, and is best known its puppetry work from the Jim Henson Company’s Creature Shop. The show starred Ben Browder as American astronaut John Crichton, who’s on a quest to find a wormhole that will lead him back to Earth.
- 20 Blu-ray discs featuring 88 complete and unedited episodes from the four-season run (1999-2003), remastered from the highest quality source material available
- Collectible packaging featuring all-new series artwork
- 29 Episode Commentaries, including “Premiere” with Rockne S. O’Bannon, Brian Henson and Ben Browder; “Jeremiah Crichton” with Claudia Black, Producer/Writer David Kemper, Browder and O’Bannon; “Bone to Be Wild” with Anthony Simcoe;“Relativity” with Lani Tupu (Crais/Voice of Pilot) and Director Peter Andrikidis; and, “Bad Timing” which features Browder, Black and Kemper discussing the series’ final episode.
- A BRAND-NEW documentary – Memories of Moya: An Epic Journey Explored featuring revealing new interviews with the cast and creators.
- Multiple featurettes and documentaries including “In the Beginning: A Look Back with Brian Henson”; “Making of a Space Opera” and “Inside Farscape: Save Farscape,” on which fans, cast and crew discuss the fate of their beloved series.
- Multiple video profiles featuring archival clips and cast/crew discussing their characters and roles on Farscape.
- Over 90 minutes of deleted scenes.
- Slideshows and archival photo galleries, including character concepts and promo photos.
- Production design galleries featuring screenshots, rough drafts and concept slide shows.
- Behind-the-Scenes interviews with Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Anthony Simcoe, Virginia Hey, Gigi Edgley, Paul Goddard (Stark), Wayne Pygram (Scorpius) and more.
- Original TV promos and trailers
- Farscape Undressed: The home-video premiere of the rarely seen, long-sought-after behind-the-scenes special
- Three archival documentaries: “In the Beginning: A Look Back with Brian Henson,” “Making of a Space Opera,” and “Season Three: A Look Back with Executive Producer David Kemper”
- Three Inside Farscape featurettes: Villains, Visual Effects, and Save Farscape
- 31 audio commentaries
- Deleted scenes, director’s cut scenes, and an alternate version of the season 2 premiere
- Behind-the-scenes interviews with the characters, cast, and creative team of Farscape
- Listening in with composer Guy Gross featurettes for 12 episodes
- Original TV promos and more