While AMC’s The Walking Dead panel might have been the biggest draw to the Main Stage auditorium on Saturday at New York Comic-Con 2013, the MTV television series Teen Wolf definitely drew the most screams from its rabid audience.
Before the panel began, Teen Wolf paper wolf masks on sticks were handed out, and also some themed “Mountain Ash” candy vials. This lent some fun to the event, during which I mostly had to keep my fingers in my ears to save my eardrums from the piercing screams.
The series creator wolf Jeff Davis was introduced, followed by stars Linden Ashby and Dylan O’Brien, the later of whom was met with high-pitched screams from the young females in the audience.
See below for some tidbits from the panel, as well as lots of photos and description of new footage shown.
Here are some tidbits:
– The series was picked up for a fourth season, which will be 12 episodes.
– Davis said the shortened series was his fault, as he felt he needed more of a break. (Season 3 has 24 episodes.)
– There will be a very big cliffhanger at the end of the winter season, and not everyone is coming back.
– Davis said he liked the “will they or won’t they?” aspect of the relationship between Mulder and Skully on the X-Files, so that’s what he’s doing with Lydia and Stiles.
– Stiles will lose a certain status.
– You’ll learn more about Derek and Peter and their evolving relationship.
– They’re going to make Derek a real hero this season; even though he doesn’t have the alpha status anymore, he’s going to act that way.
– Whether Stiles will meet his real mom remains to be seen, but you’ll learn more about her and how she died.
The second part of Season 3 of Teen Wolf returns to MTV on January 6, 2013.
Stiles enters a classroom, and there’s a girl sitting in the seat he typically sits in. He goes over to her and tells her that he usually sits there. She answers him in sign language, so he gives up the fight for the seat and sits right behind her. After a second, no one in the class talks or moves anymore and he wonders what’s going on. The teacher then, with a blank stare, starts signing, which confuses Dylan. He asks the teacher what’s going on, because he didn’t think he even knew how to sign. Feeling creeped out, Stiles stands up to leave. As he does, everyone in the classroom begins to sign, then they do it faster and faster. Finally, he wakes up in that same class with the teacher blowing a whistle and calling him out, asking if he is playing attention. “I am now,” he responds. Next to him, Scott sits, looking very worried. Stiles acts like it’s no big deal. “I just fell asleep,” he says to Scott, who replies, “You weren’t asleep.” Stiles looks down at his notebook and on the page are the words “Wake Up” written repeatedly.
[Photos by Dave3 and Sarah Pfeffer for Geeks Of Doom.]
Stay posted on New York Comic-Con 2013 updates by following @eveofdoom and @geeksofdoom on Twitter and Facebook. And check back here at Geeks of Doom for more news from us on NYCC 2013!