As Black Panther continues to break box office records, it’s time to think about its home entertainment release. Yes, just a few months after it hit theaters back in February, Marvel Studios’ latest film is already gearing up for a home video release.
Of course, we aren’t just here to talk about the film itself, but what kind of bonus features you can expect to see. And there will be a lot. From the Wakandan women and the actresses who play them to director commentary from Ryan Coogler. There’s also the usual deleted scenes and gag reels, plus some digital exclusives that will make you want to purchase a ticket to travel to the fictional nation of Wakanda. Check out the full details and a home video trailer below.
Black Panther is officially the third biggest domestic movie of all time, having grossed over $665 million since its release back on February 16, 2018. Through the 4K Cinematic Universe Edition of Black Panther, fans will experience the film in 4K Ultra HD with next-generation high dynamic range (HDR) visuals and Dolby Atmos immersive audio. Fans who purchase the Blu-ray will also get never-before-seen extras, including exploring Wakandan technology, the world of Black Panther and the comics that inspired the film, the nation’s diverse people, and exclusive sneak peeks at Ant-Man and the Wasp, plus connecting 10 years of Marvel Studios.
Here’s a full list of the bonuses you will get with the Blu-ray. And head down below to check out the Blu-ray trailer:
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
– Director’s Intro
– From Page to Screen: A Roundtable Discussion – Delve into the film’s making
– Crowning of a New King – Explore the world of “Black Panther” in all its color and complexity
– The Warriors Within – Get to know Wakanda’s women and the actors who portray them
– The Hidden Kingdom Revealed – Wakanda’s diverse people
– Wakanda Revealed: Exploring the Technology
– Deleted Scenes
U.N. Meet and Greet
Okoye And W’Kabi Discuss the Future of Wakanda
T’Challa Remembers His Father
Voices from the Past
– Gag Reel
– Exclusive Sneak Peek at “Ant-Man and The Wasp”
– Marvel Studios the First Ten Years: Connecting the Universe
– Director’s Commentary
– In World Wakanda Tourism Ads
Come to Wakanda “Before”
Come to Wakanda “After”
Black Panther will be available on digital on May 8, 2018, while it hits physical store shelves on May 15, 2018.